Monday, February 23, 2009

Greetings from sunny, warm, and dusty Koutiala. We have arrived and have half a days work completed. Taking a lunch break and siesta(not sure what that is in French).

We did try to update the blog yesterday. Trouble was the screen came up in French and none of us could translate it to get to the post area. We have played with it enough today and here we are.

Our flight arrived safely Saturday evening and we were greeted by Bob who whisked us away to the guesthouse and our rest for the evening. Exchanged money early Sunday morning and began our five hour ride to Koutiala. The ride was full of laughter and stories as we shared and began to get to know each other.

Getting things organized here at the guesthouse and at the work site has filled the morning in preparation for our days ahead. Things are coming together very well and there is no concern of running out of work. There is always much to do here and never enough time to do it all.

Hospital devotions this morning were from Hebrews 13 and very uplifting and encouraging. We prayed for a lady that came to Christ over the weekend that the Lord would continue to grow her and that her husband would follow her with his own commitment. Prayer was also asked for concerning the new construction of the first section of the next phase of building.

2 comments:

  1. Soo.. good to hear you arrived safely. Over the weekend, I kept wishing I knew you itinerary so I could pray during each part of your trip. From what you have described, my guesses were pretty close. I want to encourage you to continue posting. I know time will be hard to find, but I so enjoy hearing what is going on. Reading makes me wish I had been able to come along with you, but I know it wasn't the right time. God will bless your work because you are the team he put together for this trip.
    I'll be thinking about you and praying everytime I do.
    In Christ,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your post! I'm excited to know you made it to Koutiala safely! The whole french web site thing took me a little bit to figure out when I first logged on in Koutiala also.
    Praise God for another new Christ follower there in Mali!
    Please share what kind of work each of you is doing at the hospital!

    ReplyDelete