Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Girls, Giggles and God

While some of the team was at Bobo, I spent Friday and Saturday with 4 terrific teen gals. We had a dance party, painted nails, walked the neighborhood doing a photo safari, and laughed a lot. It was their FIRST retreat ever! We focused our spiritual time on Psalm 139 and took time to remind ourselves that being different is good, that means that we are unique and special, just like God made us.

I spent the rest of the weekend at the Nesselroad home which was a wonderful time to reconnect with their family. Although we are continents apart, we have so many things in common!

As we put away the last suction tubing, the last 4 by 4, and the last ambu bag today we stood back in amazement at what the Lord had done. Truly, last week I was beginning to doubt that this warehouse project would be finished before we left. And then, all of a sudden, it turned a corner and began to take shape. Things are on shelves, you can see the floor, and every box is in it's section. Truly a miracle.

As I type, I can hear someone playing the xylophone, it's a full moon and it is still really warm. It is hard to believe that tomorrow night that we will be on our way home to cooler climates and familiar faces.

Thank you again for your love and support and most of all your prayers.
loving you,
jan

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update on your trip. It's great to think how God made each one of us unique in our own way...and He uses our uniqueness as we serve Him!
    I'm sure you are having mixed feelings about coming home. I remember the feeling of wanting to stay forever and the counter-feeling of wanting to get home to my family.
    I'll be praying that you have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete